Saturday, September 5, 2009

Dinner night~

I've been neglecting updating my blog about my cooking adventures. I'm sorry! Well, we had another cooking night earlier this week and decided to make Taco Soup for a couple of our friends. Since we were cooking for more than just 2, I decided to triple the recipe. Mostly because I wanted to take home the left overs to eat on :). Taco Soup is healthy, easy to make, and doesn't take long to cook.

For 1 serving (double or triple for larger servings)

1 can of Kidney Beans
1 can of Ranch Style Beans
1 can of Rotel
1 can of whole kernel corn
1 packet of Ranch style seasoning
1 packet of Taco seasoning
1/2 lb of hamburger meat


First thing I always do is wash the tops off the cans and go ahead and open them all up. Start cooking the hamburger meat in a skillet until fully cooked. In a large pot add all the cans and seasoning. Continue to stir every 5-10 minutes, making sure it's not sticking to the bottom of the pot. Let it cook for 40 minutes until heated all the way through. Pour into a bowl and enjoy! The way I always enjoy eating it is by adding cheddar cheese and sour cream. I usually eat the soup with wheat things or baked chips. If you are on weight watchers....one cup=2 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment