Monday, April 12, 2010

Love Trying New Recipes!

My boyfriend and I stayed in and cooked dinner Saturday night so I could try a new recipe. We wanted to eat pasta but wanted to do it different than normal. I'm a huge chicken fan, so normally when I cook, chicken is the meat....SO, I decided to switch it up and use Shrimp. I used an Italian Seasoning dressing mix that you mix oil & vinegar with. It ended up being very yummy, and the left overs are really good COLD!

SHRIMP & FETA PASTA SALAD
1 pkg cooked shrimp
1/4 cup feta cheese, rinsed, patted dry & crumbled
1 chopped green onions
1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
2 lg. tomatoes, chopped
4 cups pasta, cooked (I use colored mix)
1 pkgs. Good Seasons Italian dressing mix

Combine shrimp, feta, onions, basil, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Let mixture stand at room temperature at least an hour in the mixture of Good Seasons salad mix (made according to package directions). Add pasta to shrimp and sauce. Toss to coat well. (Can be made ahead and leftovers are delicious.)


We had garlic bread with it and the meal turned out delicous!

No comments:

Post a Comment